Photobucket

Monday, March 23, 2009

J0UrNeY T0 tHe AIMST UnIvErSiTy


AIMST University


Last Friday, I decided to pay a visit to AIMST University with my family. Before that we went to Kepala Batas to find Penang International Dental College first. Actually we all thought that it's something like this.

Okla,the campus is still not so bad. But it turned out to be...

THIS!!!

WALAO! Only a grassy land? What the heck is this??! We felt as if being cheated =.='' After all what sort of plans we made after viewing its website. Felt so disappointed. But I still can opt for this college, as its original college is located somewhere near Butterworth..Just a row of shops.

Anyone that is interested can log in to www.pidc.com.my

OKok,back to our topic today,the AIMST university.

By the time i reached there, I was like " Wah, super awesome!" In the past, my impressions about AIMST were always "indians' study place", "the campus must be lousy!", "so remote place!" and etc.

After visiting it, I proved myself WRONG.

From what i have seen, AIMST is surrounded by a waterlily lake, picturesque views, and sophisticated buildings. And very clean too!!

But got something that i dislike, an indian marketing staff is rude. He talked as if this University is so high class. He even said to us,"But I can tell you, we have limited seats! We cannot guarantee you 100% you can get in" Sounds like he was underestimating STPM fellow ==

After i registered,a tour guide brought us around to visit this campus.


A built in AIMST dental hospital for practical purpose

Guess how much it costs? RM50k!!


dental lab,very clean and tidy^^


Shh..this pic i secretly took for you guys..actually we were not allow to take pic in the lab. Can you notice something?fake human heads, wakaka!


This is a mini stadium. Very glamorous. The tour guide said it's fully equipped with courts, running trek, swimming pool, field, gymnastic room and etc. And most of the state level players will do their training here. Cool huh?

I cannot deny that I start to love this Uni..but it still has its pros and cons.
haiz, very headache. Wanna know why I should reconsider?
Well..Will tell you next time!haha~


Wanna know more? just visit it's website!

Doudou adds on: Oh ya, forgot about the fees~about RM210k without accommodation. Hmm.. still considering..she will tell you the pros and cons in her next post^^


14 comments:

stephmisaki said...

yeah..
the indian man so rude..=.=

i went edu fair tat time and the same sentence was told to me too..=.=

well..all the best ya..=)

LC said...

walao~~ da lab s so nice!!!!! awesome!!!
wat 2 worry?? i guess s $$$$ rite? aimst.. sure very expensive... all the best yea~~
ps: still hope tat u can cum ukm, then v can go shoppin liao~~ wakaka...

麦片鱼 said...

wah wah wah... i like the environment so much.. its so grand. wao, aimst!! i like it too.. haha..
yeayea, can come ukm, den can go out with u, go shopping!! go sing k, go for movie. !! wow..

Unknown said...

dear hotspring, yalo..super beh song=( he thinks that the uni can still survive without our support,hmph..actually AIMST is having financial prob now,need to rely on gov..

dear red bean,wah!!!yalo..and many factors,will tell you later on^^ want ORRR!!i wanna join you guys!!!!suddenly so missing you guys d =P

dear 麦片鱼,haha,me too!! wah,want oh want oh..when i come to kl must call you guys out!

夜公主 said...

a private coll in penang?? not bad oh..but i noticed that it is really a big amount to be spent on dentistry study. *shocked*
anyway, support u watever decision u have made.

Unknown said...

Dear connie, yalo..very large amount =( and what about you?did you apply any private college?

芦悦忆芙 said...

all the best to u ya~

i think connie is waiting for marry..she dun 1 study lo~wanna jaga baby~haha!!

stephmisaki said...

but compare to IMU, the dentistry at AIMST consider cheap liao..=/
but the door to AIMST for me is closed la..
I super beh song wat the guy said and I duwan to go there liao..

卡乔鸟 said...

什么210k?
Siao A!
210000 walau

Unknown said...

dear 芦悦忆芙,yeah..thanks^^ yalo..we waiting to be her bridesmaid,haha!!you guess when will she get married? =P

dear hotspring,yalo,IMU is far more expensive..haha,i know,bio must get at least B..Haiz.IMU not so strict right,but i wont consider IMU,i will die..

dear 卡乔鸟,对咯,要当牙医也是不容易的,读这类的科系想都别想要便宜,不过AIMST还算还好了……

夜公主 said...

waihai, yucca babe talked something behind me.. =.="
yea, i am goin to marry nx year. 31 Feb.. =P

i didn't apply any private coll.. no money at all.

Unknown said...

dear connie,haha!!then you talk her back lo~=P

i have to apply for private,if not no chance edy T.T waste $$$ lol~

Unknown said...

Taking the impression of one single staff as the representation of the whole university is just so immature. Take time to know about others in the university and feel the general atmosphere there.

We Malaysians have a general mindset that private = 100% admission. Just to let you know Harvard / Stanford and many other not well known Uni in the US are private as well and admission rate can range from 10% - 50%!!

Anyway, good luck, and yeah, give the university a chance and give yourself a chance if dentistry is really what you want. ;-)

Unknown said...

What i mean is a marketing staff shouldnt be that impolite when at service~ Yes,he can remind me on that,but shouldnt he told me in a more polite way?

anyway,i NEVER assume that i'm 100% guaranteed to be accepted by the Uni. I like the Uni also but there are still many aspects that i might consider before entering the Uni.

In fact,the case is just a small affair to me,it wont affect my choice whether wanna study there or not. What really matters to me is the staff 's ATTITUDE! I rmb before my application made to the uni,i did ask him should i included my photostated spm result. He said not need. Then few days ago a lady called me and told me to mail her the result. What?!!you will know how I feel.

But,i don wanna be fussy over this case.I'd just call it a day k.

I just hope you would understand^^Just some misunderstandings.thanks~All the best to your future!

todo lo mejor![all the best!]