Photobucket

Thursday, April 23, 2009

An American Tail

Nah, dont think that i'm childish or whatever..I'm just recalling many years back then when i'm just couldnt remember how many times i watched it, over and over again. Time flies, and naturally, I tend to forget how this movie meant to me during my childhood times. Well, my dad bought us, i mean when we were just kids during that time, the very first cartoon movie VCD. Of course we were very excited, it was just beyond expectation that dad would buy cartoon VCD! Normally he would just buy action/thriller movies. Some of these movies have violent elements which invade my mind- Nightmares!! Haunting me much..This is bad as we'll grow to take life easily, and will not appreciate human life~

Owh, I digress from my topic! Ok, back again. =P
Well, yesterday i went to Best Choice Shop, and the shop played a song which sounded so familiar to me. The moment i listened to this song i stopped looking around for hairband and humming instead. Yeah this is the song which was lost in my memories , when i'm a child no more. It was just like a fire burning within my soul, bringing warmth to me once again. I love this theme song from An American Tail, Somewhere Out There.

So I searched for the VCD at home. It seemed rather childish, people at my age could have become a mom already, and yet i'm still watching cartoons, haha! Disc 1 is lost, feel bad about it =(

The story starts with a mouse, Fievel Mousekewitz and his family of Russian-Jewish mice escape from their homeland in the late 1800s, boarding a boat headed toward America to evade the Czarist rule of the Russian cats. Fievel, however, is separated from his family upon his arrival in New York City, and he discovers to his horror that there are cats in America too (his father said there weren't). Fievel meets his share of friendly and hostile mice, and he eventually befriends a cat as well. Then together, they think of a way to fight cats.

See? The plot is so ordinary. But i like the duet song. This meaning that actually I love all duet songs from Disney fantasy films. Haha!!

This is the song lyric =P
Somewhere out there,
beneath the pale moonlight,
someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight.

Somewhere out there,
someone's saying a prayer,
that we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there.

And even though I know how very far apart we are,
it helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star.

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby,
it helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.

Somewhere out there,
if love can see us through,
then we'll be together, somewhere out there,
out where dreams come true.

Listen~perhaps you'll like it too^^


Somewhere Out There - Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram

2 comments:

Celine~生活随笔 said...

Good memory o..
still can remember it, if me sure cannot remember wat movie i m watching when i was a kid..

Unknown said...

haha~aiya,not a good memory~just that something strikes me then i remember edy,hahaha!